Many brides have fantasized about their wedding day since as far back as they can remember. Planning every single detail – leaving no thought for error. After all, it’s your wedding day, why would you even think about something going wrong? It’s going to be one of the biggest days of your life, so everything should be exactly how you want it. Here at LVL Weddings & Events, we make sure to be prepared for any little mishaps that may occur on the day of your wedding. It is our job to make sure that your wedding day runs as smoothly as possible, so that is why we’ve filled our kit with all the necessary tools to combat just about every “emergency” that may occur on your wedding day. Here are a couple of our most frequently used items, and some very useful items that most bridal parties don’t expect they’ll need! Get ready, this is about to be one of our most informative blogs yet!
1) Tape – Scotch tape and fashion tape. Scotch tape can be used for just about anything from taping up signs to taping down wedding aisles. Fashion tape is often used to keep clothing secure where safety pins are not visually appealing. This is especially useful for low-cut or ill-fitting dresses.
2) Black Pens – Sharpie Ultra-thin tip pens and regular black ink pens. Sharpie Ultra-thin tip pens work great for writing messages in guest books and other personalized items. Their ultra-thin tip makes writing look neat and leaves room for all your guests to sign. Regular black ink pens come in extra handy after the ceremony, because in some counties (including Orange County), only these type of pens are accepted for signing marriage licenses.
3) Scissors – One of the most useful items in our bag. These are used at almost every one of our events! Such uses include cutting loose strings, tags, and the ends of fake eyelashes!
4) Tissues – In a day of celebrating life & love, you may not help but shed tears of joy. We always carry plenty of tissues to go around, especially for sentimental brides and bridesmaids for all those heartfelt speeches and beautiful exchange of vows.
5) Bobby Pins – Different colored bobby pins for multiple shades of hair. This keeps everyone’s hair looking polished & flawless.
6) Safety Pins – Great for bustling your wedding dress as well as holding dresses together for any accidental tears or issues with fitting. We recommend small, medium, and large safety pins to prepare for any size needs.
7) Sewing Kit – Loose button or accidental tear? Needle and thread can fix it right back up! Make sure to have white and black thread as these colors match with most wedding attire.
8 ) & 9) Mints, Disposable Toothbrush & Breath strips – Worried about fresh breath? We have a solution to ensure your first kiss as a married couple is a fresh one.
10) Bug Repellant – Warm summer nights can be very inviting to bugs, especially for outdoor weddings. Bug repellant allows you to focus on enjoying the wedding.
11) Mini steamer – The way your clothes look speaks volumes on your wedding day. From getting in and out of cars and carrying your clothes to the wedding, your clothes are prone to getting wrinkled. We carry a mini steamer to help you and everyone in the bridal party look their best!
12) Lint Roller – Did your outfit pick up dust, lint, or pet hair on your way to the wedding? A lint roller will quickly take that right off.
13) Stain Remover – Getting stains on your wedding attire can be dreadful. That is why we always keep a stain remover and dress chalk in handy to keep everyone’s outfits looking absolutely flawless.
14) Pantyhose – Here’s a wedding insider trick: Pantyhose not only keeps your bridesmaids’ legs warm in cold weather, but it can also help take deodorant stains off your guys’ tuxedos!
15) Static Remover – There is nothing worse than sending that tiny electric shock when you lean in to give somebody a hug or kiss on the cheek, so we bring static remover along to make sure you are completely static-free!
16) Cigar Cutter – Often times guests bring along cigars but seem to forget the cigar cutter. We make sure to keep one with us, just for that reason.
17) Wine Key – Has it ever happened to you that you have bottle of wine and later realize you don’t have anything to open it with? Whether they are forgotten, broken, or lost, we make sure to have an extra wine key to get those bottles open and have you tickling those taste buds!
18) Hammer – A hammer is a very versatile tool. You can hammer a post into the ground, hang signs so that your guests know which way to go, or use it to fix something around the venue before guests arrive.
19) Duct Tape – Sturdier than regular tape, this can be used to repair just about anything. It is a quick fix for hanging signs to covering electrical wire, which can prevent guests from tripping.
20) Extension Cord – Sometimes cord lengths fall short or there are limited electrical sockets at venues. We always carry an extension cord with us for these moments when you really need to charge or plug something in.
21) Stick lighter – Lighters are always needed at events. They are used to light everything from votive candles that help set the mood to heat lamps that will help keep you warm.
As mentioned above, these are some of the most used and most useful items in our emergency kit. We bring our kit not because we expect anything to go wrong, but so we can be prepared for any challenge. So go ahead, relax & enjoy your day because LVL Weddings & Events has you covered!